We believe the wearing of our school uniform supports the whole school ethos and is essential for our school identity. The Greenacres School uniform is practical, simple and relatively inexpensive. The school expects the uniform to be worn. All uniform should be marked with the child’s name.
How to order
You can order jumpers, cardigans, polo shirts and dresses with our logo from Casey's Schoolwear.
- School green jumper, Hoodie or cardigan
- Grey trousers/grey skirt (nursery children may wear plain grey tracksuits)
- White shirt/white blouse/white polo shirt
- Plain socks or tights - white, black or grey
- Plain black shoes (no heels or boots please)
- Summer dress in green check or stripe
- Swimming hats
- PE Kit
- Book Bag. This is compulsory and must be brought into school every day. We ask that children do not bring in their own bags please.
The school requires the children to wear sensible shoes, i.e. flat shoes or trainers in plain black only (no boots please).
As a result of the Health and Safety Directive children must not wear jewellery in school. It relies upon the co-operation of parents to achieve its aims. If ears are pierced only studs must be worn and they will be covered by plasters for PE. If jewellery is worn no member of the school staff can take responsibility for its safe-keeping.
PE, Games and Swimming
PE Kit - The school has a school PE Kit which is as follows:
- White T-shirt
- Green shorts
- Black trainers or plimsolls
- Grey or black tracksuit
PE kit is to be worn to school on PE days.
Swimming - All children must wear a swimming hat. Girls must wear a one piece costume (not a bikini) and boys must not wear long baggy shorts for swimming.
Verrucae - If being treated, a protective sock must be worn.
Goggles - It is recommended from the Amateur Swimming Association that goggles should NOT be worn in a teaching situation unless there is a medical reason.
Nose pegs and ear plugs – not generally recommended